Tuesday, June 9, 2009

laundry detergent

There is a liquid kind, I will find it and post it later
the powder is as follows.
8 ounces of fels naptha ( yes that is what it is called)
4 ounces of borax
4 ounces of super washing soda.

The fels naptha bar needs to be grated and then you simply add all the ingredients together with what ever scent you are in the mood for . Mix it well to move the oil scent through it and it will get a little lumpy but just break them up and keep mixing. Use one or two tablespoons per load and be sure to keep it in a closed container.
These items can all be found in the laundry aisle of most stores. I found hyvee has the bars the cheapest and they come in a 5 and a half ounce bars. I grate one and then leave half of the second to rub on stains. Just wet the stain and then rub with the bar. I find this works well on the stains my kids get.

No comments:

Post a Comment